24 ‘Euphoria’ Quotes Ranked: The Colorful Characters' Best Lines
"Euphoria" is defined by its controversial subject matter, entrancing optics, and endearing yet unreliable narrator, Rue Bennett. Along with Bennett, all the characters in this show have a lot of witty and perceptive one-liners; here are 24 of their best.
Beyond its beauty and tough topics, the show "Euphoria" has a way of eliciting empathy for all its characters. This even includes those who represent the type of people we may dislike or even despise in our everyday lives.
Combined with a deep look into their trauma and lives, the words that come out of these characters' mouths hold a deeper meaning to the show and who they are. Here are 24 of their best quotes from bottom to top.
Rue Bennett’s quote: “All I know is, life is not a Nicholas Sparks novel.” | Image: AmoDays
24. "Maybe people are nostalgic about high school cause it’s, like, the last time in their life that they get to dream.” — Cassie Howard
23. “Kissing is worse. It’s so much more intimate.” — Maddy Perez
22. “I feel like I’ve lived most of my life in my imagination, taking the smallest moments and dreaming them up into something bigger. A little exchange and I fall in love, a moment to myself and I’m on stage, but reality always finds a way of pulling me back.” — Lexi
21. “It’s not even the lies that hurt, you know? It’s the fact that you’re never really emotionally prepared for someone to leave you.” — Rue Bennett
20. “When you’re younger, everything feels so permanent. But as you get older, you begin to realize nothing is, and everyone you love can drift away.” — Rue Bennett
Ali’s quote: “A true revolution has no allies.” | Image: AmoDays
19. “I’m envious of your generation, you know. You guys don’t care that much about the rules.” — Cal Jacobs
18. “The world’s coming to an end, and I haven’t even graduated high school yet.” — Rue Bennett
17. “You love to be loved.” — Maddy Perez
16. “The universe is just out here giving like zero [expletive].” — Maddy Perez
15. "What's a bigger feeling than love?" — Elliot
Fezco’s quote: “Everybody gets their feelings hurt. Some people need to get their feelings hurt sometimes.” | Image: AmoDays
14. “Memories exist outside of time.” — Rue Bennett
13. “All I know is, life is not a Nicholas Sparks novel.” — Rue Bennett
12. “Everybody gets their feelings hurt. Some people need to get their feelings hurt sometimes.” — Fezco
11. “No room for heteronormativity in here.” — Jules Vaughn
10. "I’m just saying love is a million things.” — Maddy Perez
Ali’s quote: “You’ve got to believe in the poetry because everything else in your life will fail you, including yourself.” | Image: AmoDays
9.“Ninety percent of life is confidence, and the thing about confidence is that no one knows if it’s real or not.”
8. “I’m Morgan...Freeman, and this is the beginning of the third act.” — Rue Bennett
7. “In my head, it’s like if I can conquer men, then I can conquer femininity.” — Jules Vaughn
6."I feel like love is super dark, and no one ever talks about It." — Cassie Howard
5."I feel like I've framed my entire womanhood around men."
Jules Vaughn’s quote: “In my head, it’s like if I can conquer men, then I can conquer femininity.” | Image: AmoDays
4. “I just showed up without a map or a compass, and at some point, you have to make a choice … about who you are and what you want. And therein lies the catch.” — Rue Bennett
3.“You’ve got to believe in the poetry because everything else in your life will fail you, including yourself.” — Ali
2. “Sometimes people in the universe who aren’t meant for each other find each other.” — Cal Jacobs1.“A true revolution has no allies.” — Ali
Elliot’s quote: "What's a bigger feeling than love?" | Image: AmoDays
"Euphoria" season two ended with so many questions; will Cassie stay with Nate, or will she try to repair her friendship with Maddy? What will happen to Fezco after he got raided? Has Laurie simply given up on Rue? Lastly, will our beloved yet complex protagonist be able to keep herself on the right path?
As teenagers, all of these characters still have a lot of growing up to do, but all of us can become more mature and better people, no matter our age. To learn the art of maturity, read these quotes.